After a loved one dies, everyone hopes to sort out their affairs quickly and easily. However sometimes there may be issues over whether a will is valid, it hasn’t delivered what you expected or perhaps your relative has not even left a will. If you feel strongly that a relative’s estate is not being distributed properly for a wide variety of reasons, you have the right to challenge what is happening.
Disputes can arise about who or what is included or excluded and sometimes, whether there is a will at all. Naturally, emotions run high and the only way to sort things out is by seeking expert guidance. We can help you deal with any dispute relating to wills, estates, trusts and Court of Protection issues including:
- Inheritance Act claims
- Claims where a will has not been signed and witnessed correctly
- Claims regarding lack of mental capacity
- Disputes over the identification of beneficiaries
- Claims for and against executors
- Claims involving agreements regarding property made prior to death ( known as Donatio Mortis Causa)
All will and estate disputes are handled by our sympathetic and approachable team, headed by Maria Calvy.
We offer free initial advice so you can find out about our service without any obligation.