About Workplace Mediation
Mediation is a form of Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) and can be fast and cost effective. Most issues are resolved in a day and is usually successful in over 90% of the cases.
- The benefits of Workplace Mediation;
- Having a professionally trained person to help parties solve their differences of opinion.
- Bringing an objective new perspective to parties’ problem.
- Presenting solutions that avoids litigation or arbitration
- Saving on management and Human Resources time
- Reducing management stress and costs
- Retaining skilled and valued staff
Workplace Mediation can be used in variety of work-related matters, including:
- Unresolved issues with an individual, team or within a management group
- A conflict that is just not getting solved and is sapping energy from the business and lowering staff moral
- Unusual or high employee turnover in the workplace
- Lack of agreement between manager and employee or manager to manager
- Conflicts after a business merger
- What is the process?
Before the mediation, the parties may be asked to prepare statements setting out their point of view and send them to the mediator. The mediation will begin with a joint introductory session. The mediator will explore the issues with each side in private. The mediator might gather both parties together to work out a solution, or might move between them so that they do not have to meet. As the day progresses, the mediator will assist the parties to come to solutions.
How much does workplace mediation cost and how long does it take?
We charge based on a one-day session per client at a rate to be agreed per case with clients. This will last from 10 am to 6 pm and may involve some pre-reading. We also charge per client for a half-day session. This will be a four-hour session. Some mediation can continue after the four hours and there may be an additional hourly charge after if this happens. There may also be chargeable disbursements such as room-hire costs if an alternative venue is required.
We aim to resolve cases on the day. For complex cases where follow up is appropriate it maybe more than one session.
For expert advice and assistance please contact Maria Calvy either by telephone or by e mail firstname.lastname@example.org