Employment Law Solicitors for Employees in Chelmsford
Our solicitors have a reputation for providing a friendly and approachable service to employees at a time when you are facing problems at work.
As an employee you may be concerned about:
- Disciplinary action
- Unfair dismissal
- Sexual harassment
- Pregnancy-related dismissal
- Race discrimination
- Sex discrimination
- Sexual-orientation discrimination
- Disability discrimination
- Age discrimination
We are here to help if you have any of the above worries or need help and advice regarding any other employment law issues. For example:
- You may have been dismissed without a proper explanation, on weak evidence; you have not had a proper hearing, or have had no hearing at all
- You have been made redundant without any warning or consultation
- Your working conditions are intolerable and you feel you have no option but to resign
- You are being harassed for some reason and you do not feel you have any other option but to suffer in silence
- Your employer is trying to change your contract
As costs are often a worry for employees you should check to see if you have legal expense insurance. Many people are covered without actually being aware of it. This is because it is often included on your house contents insurance, for example.
Sometimes this insurance is added irrespective of whether the policy is held in their own name, or that of their partner or family. Check to see if you have this cover – it might meet your legal costs in full.
Please note that some insurers may seek to refer your case to their own panel of employment law solicitors. However, in most cases, insured people have a legal right to choose their own solicitor. If you require assistance on this point, we can help.
For expert advice and assistance on all matters of employment law in Chelmsford, including redundancy and constructive dismissal concerns, please contact Maria Calvy either by telephone. You can also reach her by email email@example.com.